In his practice, Dr. Chong applies a unique mix of traditional naturopathic treatment principles, with scientific knowledge in nutritional and lifestyle medicine, towards the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health maintenance to complex illness. His primary focuses are cardiovascular disease and diabetes prevention and treatment, along with helping support general aspects of healthy aging.
- In depth History Taking: used to identify aspects of a person's life that are
not conducive to optimal health. Also to
identify key symptoms suggesting imbalances in bodily function and nutrient
status vs. only those used to simply diagnose or name disease.
- Nutritional Physical Exam: used first to monitor or assess for disease, then further to identify
key signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies or lack of optimal function.
- Advanced Lab Testing: used to go well beyond simple disease identification,
looking deep into key aspects of genetic health, nutritional status, hormone
balance, metabolism, and body function to identify where things are working well and where they are not.
- Non-Invasive Imaging Techniques: used to gather further information as the patients' true level of risk. These techniques include CIMT/carotid ultrasound, coronary calcium scoring, EKGs, echocardiograms and more. Exams are either done in office, or the patient is referred to a local imaging center for testing.
- Dietary Counseling: chosen from the most thoroughly researched, clinically effective, and updated information available from the scientific literature. No “diets”, trends, or fads are used. Only what has been proven to truly work for long term health and vitality.
A Special Thanks:
Dr. Chong has had the distinct honor and privilege to train under and/or learn from some wonderful doctors and teachers, and hopes that at least in some small way, his work helps to continue theirs in the years to come. All he does in practice is a reflection of their amazing knowledge and experiences. A special thanks goes to:
- Linus Pauling, PhD
- Matthias Rath, MD
- Russell Jaffe, MD
- Russell Marz, ND
- Jared Zeff, ND
- Joel Kahn, MD
- Jim Roberts, MD
- Mark Houston, MD
- Joel Fuhrman, MD
- John McDougall, MD
- Caldwell Esselstyn, MD
- Dietrich Klinghardt, MD
- Rick Marinelli, ND
- Jonathan Wright, MD
- Alan Gaby, MD
- Andrew Saul, PhD
- Steven Hickey, PhD
- Paul Anderson, ND